Upon accepting ECDC’s invitation to join our Summer Staff Family, you received and signed a contract agreeing to specific dates of employment. Along with this contract we adhere to some behavior guidelines that enhance staff unity and the effectiveness of our camp ministry. We have found them to be truly necessary while living and working in a small community during an intensive period of service, and provide them below as a reminder.
- I will, by word and deed, be a teachable, respectful and committed team player striving to fulfill camp’s purpose to help campers grow in character, skills, relationships and faith.
- I understand that profanity, inappropriate/slanderous/racial jokes, bullying or harassment of any kind toward a member of the camp community is prohibited.
- I agree to keep my appearance clean and well groomed. I adhere to a dress code of modesty, including swimwear. I understand that unnatural hair color is not permitted.
- I understand that male staff may not wear pierced jewelry of any kind and women may only wear pierced jewelry in their ears while at Day Camp.
- I have discussed any visible tattoos with the director and understand that if tattoos are deemed inappropriate for the day camp setting, they will remain covered.
- I will honor ECDC’s no-tech policy and keep my personal technology, including cell phone, Ipad, etc. out of sight/use during work hours.
- I understand that my presence on the Web is public and reflects on my ministry with camp as well as ECDC’s reputation. If I identify myself as an ECDC employee or volunteer on social media, I agree to refrain from posting inappropriate comments or photos, as well as personal photos of campers.
- I will not “counsel” a camper of the opposite gender unless that camper’s pod leader or head counselor is present and will diligently adhere to the “Rule of 3” and hold one-on-one conversations and activities in public view.
- No matter my role or position at ECDC, I will strive to never leave campers unsupervised.
- I commit to using authoritative techniques to shape the behavior of campers and will adhere to ECDC’s Camper Discipline Policy. At no time will I behave in an abusive manner towards any member of the YSSC community, including physical, verbal, sexual and emotional abuse or neglect. I understand that any type of abuse will not be tolerated and will be cause for immediate dismissal.
- I will not transport campers in a private vehicle unless previously authorized for emergency purposes.
- I will refrain from using alcohol, drugs and tobacco products during my work/volunteer hours, and I will commit to arrive for work each day sober, with clarity, energy and the attitude characteristic of ECDC’s excellent staff. I will refrain from use of illegal substances for the duration of my employment/volunteer contract. Further, I understand that all ECDC staff socials will be drug and alcohol free.
- I agree to not accept offers by camper families to babysit or chaperone their children during the camp season.
I will abide by and participate in all recommended Covid-19 Protocols adopted by ECDC in order to support the safest and healthiest camp community possible. I acknowledge that these Protocols may change throughout the summer season.